Thursday, October 22, 2009

What UPS and battery specification needed to powerup 6 computers (17" CRT), 2 fans & 2 tube

My UPS service person is not responding.



I currently have a single system that serves for 2 computers (17" CRT), 1 fan %26 1 tube for 1.5 hrs . It says 1000DX UPS and 2 small Exide batteries. I am not sure about other specs.



1. What is the specification to go for 6 computers, 2 fans, 2 tubes for 6 hours?



2. Should I go separate systems (one for computers and other for fans %26 tubes)? (I prefer to have one system for all).



3. How much will it cost?



4. Which brand is best? How about APC - any good models?



Thanks for your answers.



What UPS and battery specification needed to powerup 6 computers (17" CRT), 2 fans %26 2 tubes for 6 hrs?downloads



I doubt the current one will handle it's load for that long, more like 15 minutes. You are looking at thousands in cost just to get 15 to 25 minutes on all this. Better is a supply to give 20 minutes max for each machine, and a backup generator for extended support. Much cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment