Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why is my wireless connection speed different on both of the computers?

ok well I have Verizon (The Fastest version of DSL) and I have 2 computers. On the compaq, the speed is 54.0 Mbps, and it stays at that speed. But on the Gateway (This Computer) the speed is at 11.0 Mbps and sometimes it will drop down to 1.0 Mbps and it does this very often. I have tried to switch wirless cards but the same exact thing happens! I have tried moving the Modem (Router) closer to this computer but it doesnt help at all. Could it be a setting on this computer? Why is the speed so much higher on the Compaq than on the gateway?



Also, I have the Actiontec DSL Modem from Verizon. (They SUCK! I cant believe I'm still with them and havent broken my contract yet!!) Anyway... ANY help is MUCH appreciated. Thank you so much!



Why is my wireless connection speed different on both of the computers?computer virus



I love all the misinformation :)



the answer is simple the slow computer is using



is using the 10 meg network protocol



the fast one is using the 100 meg network protocol



try this on both



Start%26gt;Run enter dxdiag



check speed under network tab on both PC's



networking can support 10/100 meg modes



newer NIC protocols can support 10/100/1000



the gateway NIC is probably very old (5-7 years)



BTW FIOS is not the fastest DSL available



my DSL is 3.8 m down and 768k up

No comments:

Post a Comment