Monday, October 19, 2009

How to share a printer between 2 computers?

I have Windows XP Pro and access the internet through a school WiFi network. I just need it so my roommate can print to it while my computer is connected to the printer and turned on. The PCs won't ever be farther than like 10 ft apart? I tried setting up sharing, but I didn't know what to put in as the server and his PC couldn't find it on the network. PrinterAnywhere won't work on our network's firewall. Is it possible to use bluetooth (printer isn't directly Bluetooth capable but the computers are).



How to share a printer between 2 computers?live update



An easy solution is to simply buy a netwrk print server box, connects a USB printer direct to the network so you don't need the "host" PC on to print from the other one.



DLink do a good one, wife prints to my printer from other end of house, even in my PC is off.



How to share a printer between 2 computers?norten



use a usb hub......this way both can connect at the same time

No comments:

Post a Comment