Thursday, October 22, 2009

I am doing a math project on computers. PLEASE HELP!!?

I am doing a math project on computers. Does anyone know how math relates to computers?



I am doing a math project on computers. PLEASE HELP!!?cafe racer



computers use the binary system, that is they only use zeros and ones (0,1) wich are represented with the on and off states, so the most significant part of math involved in computers i would say it's the Boolean Algebra



I am doing a math project on computers. PLEASE HELP!!?free anti virus



How Math relates to computer huh?



check out: Binary number system, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, etc. etc.
I am a computer science/applied mathematics major at Humboldt State. I might be able to help. What is your problem?



If your just looking for suggestions of where to look, I would start at set theory and first order predicate logic when talking about databases. Graph theory when talking about data structures. Discrete mathematics (especially proofs by induction) for algorithm development, combinatorics in general actually. Look at some of these topics and see how they might fit your project.

No comments:

Post a Comment