Thursday, October 22, 2009

Is it ok for 3 or 4 computers to share one AVR? Is it dangerous?

I have 4 computers and I want these to share one AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator), is this dangerous? can it damage my computer units?



Is it ok for 3 or 4 computers to share one AVR? Is it dangerous?spyware remover



The typical desktop computers are not using much electricity. I had the same concern with my 4 desktops plus 2 printers, scanner, modem, router, UPS, and few other devices connected to the same outlet. I hired electrician to take a look. It turned out that my entire load was less then 2 Amps, while the line is capable of handling something like 12 Amps on a single circuit breaker. It turned out that I also had the washer and drier on the same circuit and even that, when added to the load, didn't exceed the maximum capacity.



If your AVR can handle 2 amps of load (and it should), you would be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment