Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why do my two computers have two different toolbars?

I have 2 computers. 1st, an 06' Toshiba Satellite laptop with windows XP and 2nd, an 07' Gateway GT5404 desktop, with Vista. Both are set with Yahoo for the homepage. When I log directly onto the internet, my laptop has a toolbar above the google and yahoo toolbars. In this toolbar is where I can access favorites, history, print, edit with microsoft word, discuss, research, real.com, messenger, etc... I recently bought the desktop and it shows the Yahoo and Google toolbars but, aside from that, it does not have the above features. I don't have a favorites, or history or any of that. Is it a problem with XP vs. Vista, Toshiba vs. Gateway or did I just miss something. It's almost a whole other line of toolbar stuff missing. I really just want to have a favorites and a history shortcut, but the rest would be cool too. Hope you can help, Get at me.



Why do my two computers have two different toolbars?product key



Because XP was created in 2002 and Vista was created in 2006. The create new looks and new options when Microsoft creates new operating systems.



Why do my two computers have two different toolbars?triumph



the yahoo and google bars can be installed for either version of internet explorer. If you have any features that come directly from those addins then you'll need that program to have them available.



you can also right click the toolbar and customize what buttons you want up there.



for the IE 7 in vista....you still have the favorites menu (little gold star on the left next to the tabs). Your other commands like file,edit,view,ect ect you can access by pressing the alt key on the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment