Thursday, October 22, 2009

Good choice of operating system for old computers.?

My teacher is giving away a whole bunch of computers for free and I want to help get them working for students by installing an operating system other than windows 98 on it and have it run good still...Windows 98 didnt work that great on it. They are around 233mhz and only about 64mb of ram... I realize these arent much but,I want to help people get a working computer for word processing and school work but i need a good choice of an operating system for it. Any suggestions? I only want to use free software.I was thinking of ReactOs or Ubuntu. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. You can email me at joshua_green_eyes@yahoo.com



Good choice of operating system for old computers.?house call



I ve never used ReactOs but that mau be your best bet, the full versions of Ubuntu won't work with those specs.



You may want to look at DSL (Damn Small Linux), Xubuntu or Ubuntu Lite

No comments:

Post a Comment