Monday, October 19, 2009

Can someone please tell me if these computers can do what I need? And how fast these would become ob

My son is in the beginning of 7th grade and he needs to be able to do school assignments. I need a decent amount of memory, although I have an external drive so I can clear other things if necessary, and he needs a decent speed. Probably a CD drive, which can burn discs.



I'm just lost on the "650 Mhz" etc... how good are these three computers?? And what should I be looking for when I purchase any computer for what he needs (I already have Office) in terms of characteristics?



Many thanks for any help...



http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...



and



http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...



and



http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dell-D600-Laptop-...



Many thanks....



Can someone please tell me if these computers can do what I need? And how fast these would become obsolete?norton internet security 2008



All three of the computers you listed are 3-5 years old. The "life" of a computer is usually considered to be 3 years. So all of those are nearing the need of their usefulness. Plus being that old, you have no idea if they may be about to die mechanically (a whole other issue). Have not worked much with the Toshiba, but I support about 800 Dell laptops (many of them D600) and at three years you start to expect all kinds of problems.



Recommend that rather then look at the used ones, you price the new Dell laptops instead. (The third one you had listed is a Dell). For about $500 USD you can get a laptop that is better then any of those you listed, and will have a warranty etc to protect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment