Thursday, October 22, 2009

2 comcast modems 2 computers?

I have two pcs and i want to have a comcast cable modem on each. I already have one. And please dont say get a router. Would i be able to go to a store and purchase another modem, call comcast and have them add the serial# or whatever it is to my account so it will connect? How much would it cost? I thought you were able to do this and it was like an extra $5 a month on your bill for each modem or double if you want another static i.p address, but i dont remember so can anyone back me up on this? I have had two routers already. This is what i decided i want to do if i am right about what i said in the question.



I talked to a comcast person online but for some reason i dont believe this is correct:



chat id : 3b1fe5af-393c-4a1b-aa83-53e5666ba7a4



Problem : Connection/Other



dan %26gt; Hello



Sean %26gt; Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst



Lesley %26gt; Thank you for contacting Comcast, my name is Lesley. How can I help you today?



dan %26gt; have two pcs and i want to have a comcast cable modem on each. I already have one. And please dont say get a router. Would i be able to go to a store and purchase another modem, call comcast and have them add the serial# or whatever it is to my account so it will connect? How much would it cost? I thought you were able to do this and it was like an extra $5 a month on your bill for each modem or double if you want another static i.p address, but i dont remember so whats the deal here lesley.

No comments:

Post a Comment