Thursday, October 22, 2009

Can I hook multiple computers together?

I have some old computers and I am trying to hook them together to work as a single unit. They arn't really useful, so I wanted to try and make them worth keeping. Is this possible?



Can I hook multiple computers together?free anti virus



Technically, yes, you can connect them in what is known as a 'cluster'. However, this probably isn't a practical solution, since you can't really run Windows like this, and it takes a lot of effort and know-how to do. You could also opt to set them up as a server farm or something like that if you have a use for it (ie, storing lots of data, rendering 3D animations, etc), which is easier, but still not something for the casual computer user.



Your best option may be to cannibalize parts (esp. RAM) from some to improve the performance of others.



Can I hook multiple computers together?internet security software



I am assuming these PCs are not worth keeping because they are way too outdated to run Windows. If these PCs are pretty much the same (same brand, model, net card, memory config, etc) then you could easily turn them into a Linux cluster. For more information, please see this link http://www.ram.org/computing/linux/linux...
well all you can have is one motherboard

No comments:

Post a Comment