Thursday, October 22, 2009

How do I get my wireless laptops/computers to reconnect to my router without restarting my router?

I've been having this problem from quite some time. My problem is that other laptops/computers in my household connected wireless (I'm the only one wired) after being turned off and turned back on, their internet does not work. It will work again after I reset my router. It was becoming very vexing reseting my router every time so I replaced it only to find out the same problem continues to exist.



I was previously using a Netgear WGT624, which also gave me dropped connections and wouldn't reconnect until it was reset. Now I'm using a 2wire Gateway 2700HG-B, I haven't heard any problems from the laptop users but a computer connected through a wireless print server (Netgear WGPS606) couldn't go on the internet until the router was reset. Oddly, the status of the print server said it was connected to the router but the internet was not working.



Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.



How do I get my wireless laptops/computers to reconnect to my router without restarting my router?free antivirus download



Have you tried setting the wireless print server up with a dynamic IP so it won't change every time the wireless is reset. You might also try that on all computers so a reset won't affect the computers either wired or wireless. Turn off DHCP on the router and give all devices a static IP and it will probably help.



Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment