Thursday, October 22, 2009

Can't connect 2 computers to the internet on ADSL provided by SBC/AT&T?

Here's what I got:



Speedstream 4100 Modem-%26gt;Microsoft Wireless Base Station-%26gt;PC1 and PC2



PC1 has XP Home and is connected to the Base Station via an ethernet cable



PC2 has XP Pro and is connected to the Base Station via an ethernet cable



I get many many errors when I try fiddling with my little collection of items (4100 Modem, Netgear Switch, MSBase Station)



They range from IP Address conflicts to the dreaded "Limited to No Connectivity" status under network connections



Can anyone provide me with help as to how to set up my modem + either the Base Station or switch, whichever will work to share the internet with both computers?



Can't connect 2 computers to the internet on ADSL provided by SBC/AT%26T?free spyware



Not sure haw many ports on the back of the router, but make sure you are plugged into #1 and #2 port on the router, router and modem connected by cable going to WAN port. Then turn them all off and turn them back on in the order of modem first, let it initialize, then router, give it a minute to set up, then turn on the computers, and they should work just fine. You don't need the Netgear switch. e-mail me and I can help you if you still need it

No comments:

Post a Comment