Sunday, September 20, 2009

A wireless receiver for computers?

I have my modem attached to my wireless router for my laptop. I want to have 5-6 people over for a LAN in my basement without running a mess of cable to my basement or without making everyone buy wireless cards for their computers. Do they sell/Can I make a wireless receiver that receives the signal from my wireless router upstairs and splits the connection like a normal router? Thanks.



A wireless receiver for computers?pc security



Get a wireless access point! Linksys makes one. I am not sure if it has outlets in the back for people to hook up but It takes the signale from a router and disperses it. You may be able to hook up a hub to the back if there is only one port.



A wireless receiver for computers?symantic



As Big R says - everyone can receive the wireless signal it is up to you using security if they are allowed to connect to your wireless point (aka a wireless router) you need to set this to a security enabled router WPA (PKK (Pre shared key) and give the passwords to the people you want to allow access too)
every ones laptop computer MUST have wireless capability to receive a wireless signal !
In order to connect remote computers to your network, you're probably either going to get stuck with ethernet cables or wireless connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment