Sunday, September 20, 2009

I run a wireless network with 3 computers.?

All 3 computers have been running fine. All of a sudden a laptop does not connect to internet. I show excellant connection to the router however no matter what I have tried to do I have been unsuccessful. I can not restore to an earlier date also do not know if they are related.I am OK around computers but please I need step by step in order to understand fix.



Tanks.... weeboy.



I run a wireless network with 3 computers.?suzuki



Can your other computers browse the Internet OK? If so, it could be a firewall problem on the laptop. Try disabling it and see if that allows you to browse again.



If none of the computers can browse, your router has dropped the connection. Try powercycling it. If it doesn't reconnect, go into your router's configuration and see if it lost your login info. Reconfigure it if necessary.



I run a wireless network with 3 computers.?virus



Since you can connect to the router, I am going to assume your ISP automatically assigns IP addresses to your computers and will also assume you are using Windows.



Sometimes after a computer is disconnected from the network for a period of time, the lease on its IP address expires and the IP address is assigned to another computer. There cannot be duplicate IP addresses on the network so one will not connect.



Go to Start -%26gt; Programs-%26gt; Accessories-%26gt;Command Prompt. Type in: ipconfig /release all and press Enter. Then type in ipconfig /renew all and press Enter.



This will assign a new IP address to your laptop and you should be able to connect.
Have you tried re-entering the network password into the laptop? Windows has been known to lose a stored password from time to time, lord knows it's happened to me before! If that's not it, email me by clicking on my info.

No comments:

Post a Comment