Sunday, September 20, 2009

How do I use one progrom on other networked computers without installing it?

I am working on a project that I have 6 networked computers, and I want to install a program on one computer, and use it on all the others without installing it on the others, how do I do so? I can see all the connected computers is view folders and such but programs such as installed CDs wont work.. Please help.



How do I use one progrom on other networked computers without installing it?mcaffee



It really depends on what you are trying to install.



While some 'simple' programs may work you will not be able to open the same program on more than one computer at the same time. Also, other programs such as MS Word, etc, will not work like that. They are not "network" programs and not designed to function in that manner.



There is a network application out there from Citrix which might help, also Microsoft has some server level apps which allow this to happen -- but again, it generally will not be as easy as it seems. If you read the license agreement on most peices of software you are actually not allowed to do this. 1 computer, 1 license, 1 installation. Some programs will allow multiple installations on seperate computers but have a clause which states that it can only be used on any ONE computer at anytime.



How do I use one progrom on other networked computers without installing it?norton antivirus 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment