Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I have 3 home computers that I want to be able to connect to the internet thru one cable connection.

I have 2 computers on one floor and one on another floor. what would I need for wireless? What would I need for wired?



I have 3 home computers that I want to be able to connect to the internet thru one cable connection. How best?internet security 2006



It'd be best to just get a wireless router that has additional 4-8 wired ports (quite common)



I have 3 home computers that I want to be able to connect to the internet thru one cable connection. How best?microsoft



Wireless networks require that you have some adapters. On desktop PC's you can install a Wireless NIC with an antenna on it, or a laptop can use PCMCIA Cards. Your wireless access point must be placed centrally, to achieve the best possible signal to all computers. If you wire it, the most popular way to do it is purchase a router. But a hub is good enough for a 3 computer system and it is also faster. If you intend on adding computers at a later date, then start with the router as it will do the job just fine.
Try a wireless connection. Hasstle free and no cables !
get a cable modem wireless router(it also can connect via cable to the pcs) and as many wireless cards as you need. they are easy to install.



pretty simple



cables suck
i have a fast ethernet switch which acts as a hub between my internet connection and my various computers which are plugged into the hub. I think it cost about 40$ and it works great.If you are wireless, you can also get a wireless router, which you can connect to your internet source, and configure your computers to get the signal, and lock the signal so other people can't use it.
The wireless modem does it all,,,,,I tried and failed doing it myself using the Linksys system



and ended up having the cable company I have my computor conneted to set it up and it works like a charm! Good Luck!
A router
I have 2 desktops and 1 laptop on different floors (also a WiFi enabled Palm TX). My ISP is BT and I am able to wirelessly surf the net using either 1 or more of the machines I've listed at the same time. My wireless router/modem is a BT voyager 2100, and the desktops each use a USB BT Voyager 1010 adapter, while the laptop uses a BT Voyager 1202 card that slots into the laptop. Have a look here: http://www.voyager.bt.com/ and here: http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/rev... for in depth information.

No comments:

Post a Comment