Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How do I access/open my SD memory card on my computer? I know nothing about computers. Thanks?

First, I want to say that I know next to nothing about computers and technology. Here's my problem and thanks to anyone out there with the answer.



I have a Scandisk SD memory card from my digital camera. When I insert it into the slot on my computer, nothing pops up. I tried searching through "My Computer" , but the memory card does not show up. Why can't I open it and how do I solve this?



I



How do I access/open my SD memory card on my computer? I know nothing about computers. Thanks?hijackthis



my desktop does this sometimes, i have vista and i hate it. i just reboot the computer and then insert the card, it usually works for me.



If not, then use the usb cable that came with your camera. It should see it then. be sure and turn the camera on.



How do I access/open my SD memory card on my computer? I know nothing about computers. Thanks?malware



Simpletech makes a USB jump drive that uses SD memory cards. You can usually find them for about $12 or so. That's what they give us at work so that is what I use to read my photos.



Do you still have the USB cable that goes from the camera to the USB slot on the computer? If so, you can do it that way too.
Some slots look as if the Scandisk should fit it perfectly, but will not. I recommend that you buy an adapter, with a usb end. Ask the salesman, so you can return it if it is the wrong adapter. If you buy one with the usb, then that will fit any computer in the future. A good investment.
It will show up as a Removable Disk, just check for stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment