Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I've got two computers (a laptop & a desktop). How do i connect them? Pls help...?

I've also got a network cable. The 2 computers are also able to go online through the same wireless router.



I've got two computers (a laptop %26 a desktop). How do i connect them? Pls help...?hijack this



Since you already have a wireless network, simply share the computers with each other. Disc for disc file for file.



I've got two computers (a laptop %26 a desktop). How do i connect them? Pls help...?liveupdate



http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?a...
The easiest way is to use a "switch" and Microsoft Networking.



I have a "switch" linked below, which is the one I use for linking my laptop and desktop and having them share an internet connection.
If you just want to connect the laptop to the desktop, you need the cross-over cable. I don't exactly know what the usb-ethernetadaptor is, but I assume you can plug the cross over in it. Plug the other side in the networkcard of the destktop.



If you have windows ME (the laptop probably came with winME), you can use the wizard homenetwork (somewhere in the startmenu) to establish connection.



I once connected a laptop to my computer using a serial cable, and therefor I needed to install the NetBEUI-protocol and the tcp/ip-protocol. But I think the wizard will do that for you.



I also fid this website very helpful, perhaps you can find something interesting:



http://www.annoyances.org/win98/features...

No comments:

Post a Comment