Thursday, November 5, 2009

How do I share files between two computers?

I have a usb cord or one of those cord and I tried to connect the two and they both realized they were connected to computers but honestly I have no idea what to do I'm just trying ti move my music from my old computer to my new one but I don't know what do I need to do this I really don't want to have to buy a external harddrive but its lookin that way, any advice?



How do I share files between two computers?norton



go to my computer then right click the drive you want to share, sharing security, in sharing section click ok. to see it on your other computer, go to my network places then look for the drive you've shared



How do I share files between two computers?spyware remover



You can follow the instructions on making a cable using the diagram for 568-B Wiring on one end of the cable and on the other end of the cable, do the opposite of 568-B Wiring diagram.



http://www.lanshack.com/make-cat5e.aspx
if you have a wireless/network card on it you can create a network called a ADHOC Network which allows computers to connect to one central computer and there able to share files this is a very easy proccess if you have a network/wireless card.... if you choose me as best answer you can contact me and ill help you set it up
If they are both Windows XP computers find the driver for a USB cable on the internet. Or, just install your old harddrive as a slave into your new computer. That is what I usually do.
So can you map a drive in windows explorer (windows explorer not internet explorer). can you go inot windows explorer and see the other drive??? Mapping if required means knowing the name of the other system (one is called MINE and the newer called FASTER or whatever you named them) and doing F: = \\mine\c.



You may have to setup each drive as shared so goto winows explorer highlight the drive and use the menus to find sharing and make the drive a shared and call it c (or whatever name you want) .



I use a hub or router to connect so it is a network and just share the drive i want access to and used windows explorer to look for it and call it a drive letter and then open it in windows explorer and move the files to the system i want.

No comments:

Post a Comment