Thursday, November 5, 2009

Do you remember when computers were REALLY hard to use?

I hear people whine about how hard computers are to use all the time. "How do you cut and paste?", "How come I dragged this icon over there but it didn't go there" etc. etc.



I remember the days of executing programs by command line. Memorizing DOS commands. Figuring out which IRQ or DMA conflict was causing XWing to crash. Extended memory, Expanded memory, 640K barrier, etc. etc. Now THAT was tough computing!



And I'm pretty sure those before me had it even harder!



Do you remember when computers were REALLY hard to use?network security



I remember when there were no computers and I remember my very first radio shack computer where you seriously had to learn computer language in order to get the commands to open and run and execute programs. People who think computers today are difficult need their heads examined and if they knew what it was once like, wouldn't ever say such things.



Do you remember when computers were REALLY hard to use?norton internet security



oh how i miss my AMSTRAD CPC 464,



gone are the days of me thumping the hell out of the cassette deck. green monochrome monitor... those were the days
I'm trying to forget through hard liquor
yeah... way back when i was about 12 i remember coding my old commadore 64 for about 5-10 hours at a time just to get a little 8 bit game to play... ahhhh those where the days... not
I remember programming in binary code.



I guess that shows my age.
yes computers are truely alot easier to use nowadays sence the release of windows 3.1.....no more dos commands. although im not very fond of the new vista.
Yes I do, I was just talking to my son about that. He is in college and a computer science major. My first computer was a Timex sinclair 1000 :) That was fun....
cd run



cd ..



Mmmmm. Tandy Color Computer DOOOOOSSSSSS proooograaaammmmsss...



I remember them well. But I was very small when I was learning them, so it was just another thing to learn. Comps are easy. Brains are hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment