Saturday, June 19, 2010

On how many computers can I install a brand new genuine MS XP prof SP2 CD? I have 3 different PCs?

I have 3 different PC. I just recently purchase a brand new genuine MS-XP CD (professional) service pack 2.



I heard a strange story that I can not install it on the 3 computers but only on one PC and for only one time. Is that true?



On how many computers can I install a brand new genuine MS XP prof SP2 CD? I have 3 different PCs?internet security 2006



http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814175



On how many computers can I install a brand new genuine MS XP prof SP2 CD? I have 3 different PCs?microsoft



According to Microsoft you can only have one license per computer. You would have to order another one(NOT THE WHOLE DISK..just the license) through them. BUT...who listens to Microsoft. Personally i would just go ahead and install it on all three of your computers. If you want to cover your behind go to the link below and input your license to see if you can get another one. I repeat you don't need to buy three copies of windows for the three computers...just three licenses.



As for loading your copy only one time is not true. You can use your copy to re-image your computer as many times as you want.
First, you need to understand that SP2 is something that was added to windows XP. If your computers already have windows XP on it, you will just need one CD that install SP2 and use it on your three computers. If this is the case, you could just download sp2 and not need any cds (unless you're on dialup).

No comments:

Post a Comment