Saturday, June 19, 2010

Can WinXP be used on multiple computers if purchased?

This is a stupid question, I know. If I was to purchase a copy of Win XP could I use it on more than one computer? We have multiple computers at my home. I would hate to have to buy a copy for each. I read somewhere that you could only use it once? We run XP and have had to pay someone to reinstall and it gets expensive. I thought to save time and money it would be a better investment to just buy it. Also if you may know is Linux any better? I have found it is much cheaper but I have never used it. Also I'm not sure it is possible to just change? Thanks I appreciate any advice/help!



Can WinXP be used on multiple computers if purchased?free antivirus download



you can only use 1 windows xp on 1 computer if you want windows xp on all computer you have to buy the windows xp ,fore each comuter if you use 1 windows xp cd for multiple computers then the other computers will not get the auto updates



you can buy a multiple license from microsoft to use 1 windows xp .cd on all computers



linux is free to download and run from cd , you dont have to install it and its best if you dont install linux just run it from the cd



Can WinXP be used on multiple computers if purchased?internet security



No, it is not possible since after you install XP to the computer, you will either need to call Microsoft or your computer will automatically connect to Microsoft to verfiy each computer/licence before they allow you to use XP on it. And once they know you have the same copy on Win XP on multiple computer, they will disable that copy of XP.

No comments:

Post a Comment